Why Is Microgaming Banned In Australia
Why is Microgaming Blocked in Australia?
Unfortunately, Microgaming's offerings are not accessible to Australian players due to regulatory restrictions.
In 2017, the Australian government implemented the Interactive Gambling Amendment Act (IGA), which introduced stricter regulations on online gambling. The IGA prohibits providing and advertising online casino games and services to Australian residents. Consequently, Microgaming, along with many other prominent game providers, cannot offer its products to the Australian market legally.
Online casino gambling as a whole is banned in Australia; however, there are several options for offshore casino sites that accept Australians.
Reasons for Blocking Game Providers
Game providers like Microgaming can be blocked in specific countries for several reasons, including:
- Legality of Online Gambling: If online gambling is prohibited in a country like it is in Australia, there's no reason for game providers like Microgaming to operate in the country. In many places around the world where online casinos are illegal, all other related services are also not allowed to operate in the country.
- Legal Compliance: Countries have their own gambling regulations and licensing requirements that game providers must adhere to. Failure to comply with these regulations can lead to restrictions or complete bans on their operations within a particular jurisdiction.
- Player Protection: Governments often impose restrictions to safeguard their citizens from unregulated or fraudulent gambling practices. Blocking certain game providers aims to prevent players from accessing unlicensed or unreliable platforms that may pose risks to their financial and personal security.
- Taxation and Revenue: Some countries may ban game providers that do not meet specific taxation or revenue-sharing requirements. Governments aim to ensure that the gambling industry contributes its fair share of public funds by enforcing strict regulations.
Avoiding Fraudulent Casinos Offering Microgaming Games in Australia
When seeking Microgaming games in Australia, it is essential to be cautious to avoid falling victim to fraudulent or unauthorized casinos. Here are a few tips to help you stay safe:
- Play on Licensed Casinos: Stick to reputable online casinos that are licensed and regulated by recognized authorities. Check for licenses from trusted jurisdictions such as the United Kingdom, Malta, or Gibraltar. Legitimate casinos undergo regular audits to ensure fair play and player protection.
- Read Reviews and Ratings: Read reviews and ratings from trustworthy sources before engaging with an online casino. Look for feedback on the casino's reputation, customer service, payment methods, and overall gaming experience. This information can help you make informed decisions and avoid rogue operators.
- Verify Game Providers: Legitimate online casinos usually disclose their game providers. Before playing Microgaming games, confirm that the casino has a genuine partnership with Microgaming or any other reputable provider. This information is typically available on the casino's website or in the game's description.
- Customer Support: Reach out to the casino's customer support team with any questions or concerns you may have. Reliable casinos will provide prompt and helpful responses, which can indicate their commitment to a safe and secure gaming environment.
Our investigation has revealed that Microgaming is banned in Australia due to the Interactive Gambling Amendment Act (IGA) of 2017. This law restricts the provision and advertising of online casino services, thereby disallowing Microgaming and other game providers to operate in the Australian market. The regulations aim to protect players from unregulated gambling practices and ensure legal compliance with gambling laws. As a result, Australians seeking Microgaming games must exercise caution to avoid fraudulent casinos.
Starting as a typical gambler, I was interested in how the industry works. And now, for more than 10 years, I see myself as a gambling expert. After trying out more than 500 pokies, I'm ready to share my insights and tell you what you need to look at to get a good gaming experience.