Best Prepaid Cards that Work for Online Gambling
In this article, we will discuss various prepaid cards, including prepaid gift cards and reloaded prepaid cards, and delve into their functionalities and suitability for online gambling.
Types of Prepaid Cards
Below is a list of the types of prepaid cards for online gambling. Each type has pros and cons, so players should carefully evaluate their features, limitations, and fees to choose the best option for their online casino needs.
Prepaid gift cards are available for purchase from banks, financial institutions, retail stores, and online merchants. They provide immediate usability for online gambling, offering anonymity and convenience without requiring a bank account. While they allow fee-free deposits, prepaid gift cards do not support withdrawals, limiting their usability for cashing out winnings. Players should check for any restrictions before using them to play casino games.
Reloadable prepaid cards like Neteller and Skrilloffer flexibility and convenient fund access connected to bank accounts or e-wallets. They provide security features like chip technology and virtual card numbers, enabling deposits and withdrawals at online casinos. Users should know potential reloading and withdrawal fees vary by the card issuer and online casino.
Disposable prepaid cards like Paysafecard and Flexepin are one-time-use vouchers bought from retailers, ensuring privacy and security without personal details. They enable instant deposits at online casinos but can't be used for withdrawals. With features like anonymity and unique PIN codes, they offer a secure option for online gambling transactions in different denominations.
Virtual prepaid cards like EcoVirtualCard are exclusively for online use, providing a secure digital option with unique card numbers per transaction. Although they are convenient for casino games, not all casinos accept them, and some cards may have limited availability or may not support withdrawals. Therefore, checking compatibility and capabilities is a must.
Additional Prepaid Card Options for Gambling
Below are additional prepaid card options that would work well for on line casino play, giving players more choices and flexibility in managing their funds.
Visa Prepaid Card
Visa prepaid cards are pre-loaded payment cards that can be used for online purchases and payments and function similarly to debit cards.
Visa prepaid cards provide certain measures to ensure the security of the payment process, which may include a zero liability policy, fraud monitoring, purchase protection and chip technology.
Visa prepaid card fees in online gambling vary. They include activation fees (AU$5 to AU$10), reloading fees (AU$1 to AU$5 per reload), and transaction fees (1% to 3%). Deposit limits range from A$10 to A$5,000+, and withdrawal limits from AU$100 to AU$10,000. Account suspension is possible for suspicious activity or violating terms.
- Prepaid cards offer fixed funds to control gambling expenses and prevent overspending
- Visa prepaid cards may have associated fees, such as activation, reloading, or transaction fees
Mastercard is a payment network that provides electronic payment solutions. It is a facilitator between the cardholder, the merchant, and the issuing bank. Cardholders can use their Mastercard to make payments to merchants worldwide. When a transaction is initiated, the merchant sends the payment request to the cardholder's issuing bank through the Mastercard network for approval. Once the transaction is approved, the cardholder's account is charged accordingly.
Mastercard incorporates features like tokenization (replacing card numbers with unique tokens) and utilizes EMV chip technology for enhanced security. Fees for using Mastercard at online casinos range from 0% to 3%, with deposit limits typically ranging from AU$10 to AU$1,000. Withdrawal limits can range from approximately AU$1,000 to AU$10,000 per transaction.
- Use of SecureCode as a security feature that adds a layer of protection for online transactions
- Account blocking can occur due to suspicious activity or violations, leading to restrictions on the cards used to play online
Paysafecard is a prepaid payment method that allows users to make online purchases without needing a bank account or credit card. It provides users with a unique 16-digit PIN code that can be entered at the merchant's website to complete the transaction. The card can be purchased in various denominations and used multiple times until the balance is depleted.
The unique 16-digit PIN code ensures secure and anonymous online gambling and other purchase transactions. Paysafecard offers fee-free deposits, but a monthly administrative fee of AU$2 to AU$4 is applicable. The deposit limit is AU$2,000, while the withdrawal limit is AU$5,000 per transaction.
- Paysafecard offers two-factor authentication for added security, requiring verification and PIN codes
- Paysafecard may charge nominal administrative fees for maintaining the card after a specified period of inactivity
Flexepin is a prepaid voucher-based payment method that allows users to make online payments, to play casino games. Users can purchase Flexepin vouchers with a fixed monetary value from authorized retailers or online platforms. These vouchers contain a unique 16-digit code that is entered at participating online merchants, including online casinos, to make payments.
Flexepin vouchers are encrypted with advanced security technology, protecting the voucher code from unauthorized access or tampering. The fees for using Flexepin in online gambling range from 0% to 5% of the transaction amount. The deposit limit ranges from AU$20 to AU$500 per transaction, and withdrawals are not supported.
- Flexepin does not require users to provide personal or financial information during transactions
- Limited to deposits only, as it does not support withdrawals
Neteller is an e-wallet for online payments. It stores and manages funds in a digital wallet, accessible on supported platforms. Secure login protocols protect user accounts, such as password hashing and salting. User data and sensitive information are encrypted using industry-standard SSL technology, preventing unauthorized access or interception.
The fees for using Neteller in online gambling typically range from 1% to 5% of the transaction amount. The deposit limits can vary from AU$10 to AU$50,000 or more, while the withdrawal limits can range from AU$10,000 to AU$100,000 per transaction, depending on the specific online casino and the user's account status.
- Neteller often offers loyalty programs or exclusive bonuses such as reward points and VIP programs for its users
- Neteller may charge fees for depositing or transferring money to a bank account
AMEX Prepaid Card is a payment option offered by American Express. Users can load funds onto the card in advance and use it for purchases. The card provides purchase protection and features online account management for easy monitoring and balance management.
Fees associated with the card include loading fees, ATM withdrawals, foreign currency transactions, and monthly maintenance fees. These fees can range from 1% to 5% of the transaction amount or fixed fees. Withdrawal and deposit limits when using the card for online casinos can range from AU$500 to AU$5,000 per transaction.
- Access to higher deposit limits (subject to the casino's policies) compared to specific other payment methods
- AMEX prepaid cards may have associated fees, such as activation or monthly maintenance fees
Skrill is an online payment system enabling transactions on gambling platforms, including deposits and withdrawals. It employs fraud detection tools like machine learning algorithms and behavioural analysis to prevent fraud. Real-time transaction monitoring is put in place to identify suspicious behaviour. Similarly, Skrill follows stringent regulatory standards for enhanced security, including AML and KYC requirements.
Fees for Skrill in online gambling can range from 1% to 5%. Deposit limits start from approximately AU$10 and can go up to AU$10,000 or more, while withdrawal limits typically range from AU$10 to AU$10,000 or more per transaction.
- Skrill Knect loyalty program rewards users with points for transactions, redeemable for benefits and discounts
- In certain online casinos, Skrill deposits may not be eligible for specific bonuses or promotions
Neosurf is a prepaid voucher-based payment method that allows users to make online purchases and transactions securely. Neosurf uses prepaid vouchers, eliminating the need to provide personal or financial information during transactions. Each Neosurf voucher has a unique code, ensuring secure and private transactions.
Neosurf incorporates several in-built fraud prevention measures like transaction monitoring and Anti-Fraud algorithms. The fees for Neosurf in online gambling range from 0% to 3%, varying by platform. Deposit limits typically range from AU$10 to AU$250, while withdrawal limits vary between AU$500 and AU$2,500 per transaction.
- Neosurf prepaid vouchers have a fixed value that helps prevent gambling overspending
- Neosurf vouchers are non-refundable and cannot be recovered if lost or stolen
ecoPayz x ecoVirtualcard
ecoPayz is an e-wallet platform enabling online payments and offering features like multiple currencies, prepaid cards, and linking bank accounts. Account levels (Gold, Silver, and VIP) determine fees, limits, and benefits. On the other hand, the ecoVirtualcard is a digital prepaid card for online transactions. ecoPayz employs automated monitoring to detect suspicious activity and may suspend accounts.
The ecoVirtualcard provides purchase protection, and users can enable two-factor authentication for added security. Fee percentages for ecoPayz and ecoVirtualcard range from 1% to 5%, with deposit limits ranging from AU$10 to AU$50,000+. Withdrawal limits typically vary from AU$10 to AU$100,000 per transaction.
- ecoPayz employs advanced fraud monitoring systems like risk assessment algorithms to detect and prevent fraudulent activities
- Transaction amounts and usage may be limited based on the account level or type
PayPal is an online payment system that allows users to send and receive money electronically. Transactions are processed through encryption technology, and sensitive financial information is protected. PayPal offers buyer protection, dispute resolution services, and two-factor authentication for added security.
The fee percentage range for using PayPal in online gambling is typically between 2.9% and 4.4% of the transaction amount. Depending on the online casino or platform, the deposit and withdrawal limits generally range from around AU$10 to AU$10,000 or more. It's important to note that specific fees and limitations may vary based on location, currency conversion, and account type.
- PayPal offers services like PayPal Credit for deferred payments and a business debit Mastercard
- PayPal may restrict or suspend accounts if they suspect violations of terms and conditions or suspicious activities
Tips for Using Prepaid Cards for Online Gambling
- Research and choose a prepaid card that suits your needs and preferences.
- Familiarize yourself with the deposit and withdrawal limits and any applicable fees.
- Ensure the online casino accepts the specific prepaid card you intend to use.
- Keep track of your card balance to avoid declined transactions.
- Protect your prepaid card details and personal information from unauthorised access.
- Use prepaid cards to limit potential losses. If your data is compromised, only the funds on the card are at risk, unlike a debit card linked to your bank account.
- Avoid additional fees by funding your prepaid card with a debit card or bank account. Credit cards may charge extra for loading a prepaid card as a cash advance.
Based on our findings, top prepaid cards for online gambling include disposable, virtual, gift cards, and reloaded prepaid cards like Paypal, Skrill, Neosurf, Paysafe, ecoPayz x ecoVirtualcard, AMEX, Neteller, Visa, and Mastercard. They have a minimum deposit and withdrawal limit of A$10 and fees ranging from 0% to 5% per transaction. Each card has advantages like fraud prevention measures (SSL, Pin codes, two-factor authentication) and drawbacks such as fees, withdrawal limits, and possible account blocking/suspension.
Starting as a typical gambler, I was interested in how the industry works. And now, for more than 10 years, I see myself as a gambling expert. After trying out more than 500 pokies, I'm ready to share my insights and tell you what you need to look at to get a good gaming experience.