The Best Casinos
Online gambling offers a wide array of casino sites, from major names with decade-long histories to newcomers struggling to win players’ attention. Each of them comes with unique casino welcome bonus offers aimed at casual and pro gamblers. Take a look at the list of the best promos on the Australian market:
up to AU$ 1,500
+500 Free Spins
- Play over 3,000 games by 45+ providers
- Accepts crypto in addition to AUD
- Good range of bonuses
- Huge selection of games in the sportsbook
up to AU$ 1,500
+200 Free Spins
- Over 8,000 games by 80+ providers
- 33-Level VIP program
- Welcome Bonus Pack with Secret Bonus
- Instant payouts
250% up to AU$ 2,500
+250 Free Spins
- Great welcome bonuses and ongoing promotions
- Modern website with fast performance
- VIP program
- Multiple payment options
What Is Casino Welcome Bonus?
Before you delve deeper into the types of welcome bonuses, it might be a good idea to grasp the basics first. Once you find out what a greeting promo is, you’ll have no problem choosing a decent one.
Basically, welcome bonus is a small gift to you from the casino you registered on. Upon cashing in for the first time, the website will put some extra cash on your bonus account, reward you with a few free spins for slot machines, or sometimes both. The main goal of promo is to encourage you to set up an account, cash in, and try out games. Apart from that, it’s also a great way for a casino to stand out from the competition.
Welcome casino bonuses has long become a player’s companion on gambling websites, and it’s hard to imagine a casino that has nothing to offer to its newcomers these days. It’s a common practice to attract players with a hefty bonus or turn their attention to a certain game section or new slot with bonus spins. Depending on an online casino, welcome bonuses may also be called sign-up or first deposit bonuses.
up to AU$ 500 + 500FSno code required
up to AU$ 300 + 50 FSBonus code: FIRST
100% up to € 350no code required
100% up to €500 + 200 FSno code required
up to AU$ 500 + 100FSno code required
100% up to AU$ 750no code required
325% up to €550no code required
100% up to €200no code required
up to AU$ 700 + 50FSno code required
100% up to $ 300no code required
up to AU$ 750 +100 FSBonus code: WELCOME1
up to AU$ 200 + 100FSno code required
50 Free Spinsno code required
100% up to AU$ 500no code required
up to AU$ 750 + 100FSno code required
up to AU$ 150 +100 FSno code required
100% up to AU$ 500no code required
up to $ 10,000 + 100FSBonus code: GC100
100% up to $ 750 +100 FSno code required
60% up to AU$ 150no code required
100% up to € 500no code required
up to € 100 + 50FSno code required
260% + 35 Free SpinsBonus code: 260GRASS
500% up to $ 100 + 50FSno code required
100% up to $ 1,000 + 50FSno code required
240% + 40 Free SpinsBonus code: BANDITUS
Up to $2750Bonus code: HOTSPRINGS
Types of Welcome Bonuses
When it comes to bonus types, the choice is quite wide and comprises six options. Some casinos focus on one particular type while others may combine two or more. Either way, every Aussie gambling site offers at least one of these:
Match Deposit Bonuses
It’s the basic type of promo you get after signing up with the casino. As the name implies, it matches the amount of your first deposit up to a certain sum. For instance, to claim a 100% match bonus of up to AU$100, you may need to cash in at least AU$10 but not more than AU$100.
If a casino has welcome bonus of 100% up to $300, you could receive $600 to play with if your first deposit is $300. If it has a 200% deposit match up to $100, it means that if you pay in $100, you'll have $200 to wager.
The maximum amount of match bonus varies, as well as the percentage:
Free Spin Bonuses
These are basically free rounds in slot games. You can spin the reels without spending your bankroll and win real cash in the process. As for the drawbacks, the selection of slots you can use free spins in is limited to a few most popular titles, and the maximum bet is always capped at small amounts – instead of AU$10 per spin, you may only have AU$5 or less.
Bonus spins may come both as a standalone offer and as part of a welcome package together with a deposit bonus and other freebies.
Free Play Bonuses
These promos don’t differ much from other casino offers, but they do have certain differences. Usually, to claim a free play bonus, you’re only required to set up a gambling account. The casino won’t even ask you to verify it.
The basics behind free play deal are somewhat similar to no deposit offers. But instead of a modest bonus amount that stays with you for up to a month, you get pretty impressive bankroll to gamble with – the bonus may reach AU$1,000 or more. The key difference is in the timeframes: you’ll only have around 30-60 minutes to make the best out of this amount. After that, the bonus expires.
Opting for the whole package, you get the best casino welcome bonus with several sign-up offers at the same time. Typically, the promo includes a 100% deposit bonus around AU$100-500 followed by 10-100 free spins for the top played slots at the casino. This deal covers almost every game offered by the website, except for those from the live section, and comes with tough wagering requirements. Sometimes you need a special code to unlock the bonus.
Mobile Casino Bonuses
Mobile promos are aimed specifically at on-the-go gamblers who register through a mobile device. Despite the majority of online casinos have dedicated apps and optimized websites, this bonus type isn’t easy to come by. It may feature either one or several deals in one package. Just like other options, a mobile casino welcome bonus is only available to new players.
Pokies Welcome Bonuses
These are offers aimed exclusively at slots. They come in the form of a match bonus, free cash, or extra spins. You won’t be able to use or wager this bonus in any game other than pokies. Since the bonus is too specific, it’s not that popular, but you can find a few worthy deals out there.
Cashable VS Non-Cashable Welcome Bonus
Choosing from list of casino bonuses, you may stumble upon two offers that may seem identical at first. In reality, the difference between them can be dramatic and hidden deep in the Terms and Conditions. Only one of these bonuses may be cashable.
This means that you can withdraw it together with the winnings you’ve obtained when wagering. Non-cashable bonuses will eventually expire, and you will only be able to withdraw the winnings from them.
Let’s say the casino gave you an AU$10 bonus, and you managed to generate AU$20 from it. If the bonus is cashable, you’re free to cash out AU$20 plus those extra 10 bucks the casino provided. If it’s non-cashable, you’re only left with AU$20 you were lucky to win.
So, hunting for the best casino welcome bonus in Australia, don’t forget to check if the deals you’re considering are cashable.
Terms and Conditions to Received Welcome Bonus
Every gambling website out there offers a welcome bonus one way or another, and their amounts are often the same. In fact, the amount of free cash or spins you get isn’t that important. What matters is the conditions that come with a deal. They become decisive factor that tells whether the bonus is possible to withdraw.
This is what you should find out before claiming a deal at any Australian online casino. Welcome bonus offers always come with playthrough (or wagering) requirements that show how many times you need to wager the bonus amount. For instance, if you claim an AU$100 bonus with an x5 wager, this means you can’t cash out the bonus until the total amount of bets you made exceeds AU$500. Any wager up to x50 is considered normal.
Going further, not all games are accepted for wagering due to various reasons. Some titles may simply not provide the required bet amount or have no free spin feature, but usually, the choice of eligible games directly depends on the decisions of a casino. Gambling sites narrow down the list of games on purpose to turn your attention to a new title or revive an older one.
When wagering the bonus, you need to stick to a certain betting cap; otherwise, the bet you made won’t be added to the total amount you must wager. Let’s say the bet limit for your bonus is AU$10. If you play online Poker and bet AU$15, this amount doesn’t count. The betting cap is always different for separate game types, so it may be higher for slots but lower for Roulette or card games.
Lastly, the maximum amount of cash you may win with a bonus is always capped. This way, gambling sites secure their funds – without this restriction, a few lucky players could leave a casino owner with empty pockets.
Tips for Choosing Best Online Casino with Welcome Bonuses
Finding decent gambling site with sweet bonus is tricky task unless you know what aspects to focus on. Be sure to familiarize yourself with the following factors:
- Mobile Options. A decent gambling platform always has a mobile-friendly website tailored for all major OS types and screen sizes. It’s even better if it offers a dedicated application with the same features as the desktop version.
- Game Variety. Games are what we come to casinos for. The wider the selection of table games and pokies, the longer you’ll stick to a website. Make sure the venue features separate section for games with live dealers.
- Licensing. A legal gambling platform holds at least one license from respectable authority, like the Malta Gambling Commission or Curaçao Gaming Control Board. Additionally, the site must be approved by eCOGRA to guarantee its games are fair.
- Deposit & Wagering Method. A generous casino welcome bonus with no deposit won’t be much of help if you don’t have convenient banking method to cash it out. A trusty gambling site offers a variety of payment systems, from bank cards to digital wallets and bitcoin.
- Fast Payout Times. There’s nothing more frustrating than waiting for weeks until your cash-out request gets processed. Shady websites delay payouts on purpose while reputable platforms always try to speed up transaction time. A period within 1-5 working days is normal for online casinos.
- Best Welcome Bonus. Online casino sites are always fighting for the minds of players, and the amounts of bonus offers grow every year. But don’t hunt for the biggest bonus – look for the one with adequate wagering requirements. What’s the point of an AU$10,000 first deposit deal if you’ll never wager it?
- Customer Support. Around-the-clock support shouldn’t be a privilege for VIP gamblers. A respectable casino provides several communication channels so that players can reach out with a question at any time.
How to Claim Welcome Bonus
Even though we’ve selected the most generous options for you, there’s still plethora of offers to choose from. But once you pick the offer, the job is only half done. You still need to complete a few steps before you can start playing. Here are overall instructions for you:
- Choose from Our TOP Casino Welcome Bonus List. If you’re into pokies, stick to the website that gives the best free spins deal. Not sure if you want to deposit yet? Choose a free welcome bonus – casino sites have all sorts of freebies that cater to any taste, gambling skill, and bankroll.
- Read the Welcome Bonus Conditions. Once you select the website, take your time to carefully go through the conditions for obtaining the bonus. All bonuses are packed with additional requirements that may ruin your experience and terminate the bonus if you fail to sort out all the details.
- Sign-Up and Choose the Game. After you familiarize yourself with the conditions, you may go through the registration process. Usually, it doesn’t take more than a few minutes and requires personal info, like your full name and address. Upon entering the site, get acquainted with its library and pick the game you like most.
- Claim Your Bonus. If you haven’t obtained your welcome offer, do it now. Depending on the type of bonus, the platform may ask you to make a deposit. Once this is settled, you may start gambling.
- Win With a Welcome Bonus. Follow the requirements of the casino to wager the bonus. Remember about the bet caps and eligible games, and you won’t find yourself wagering the bonus for hours in a pokie that’s not featured in the terms.
Welcome Bonus Online Casino: Pros & Cons
Online gambling isn’t all about benefits – players have to deal with lots of drawbacks as well. The same goes for welcome bonuses. Here are the main advantages and downsides of sign-up offers.
- Extra funds. You may double your deposit amount straight from the start and have chance at boosting your winnings. Especially if you get free welcome bonus. Any no deposit casino in Australia can become your money farm.
- Free trial. You may get taste of the games offered by the casino without risking your bankroll. And contrary to the demo mode, you may explore the pokies and keep the winnings.
- New games. Welcome deals introduce you to new games featuring the latest features. Discover a few hidden gems.
- High value. Some bonuses are quite easy to wager; moreover, gambling sites offer wager-free promos.
- Playthrough requirements. A great bonus offer may be spoiled by impossible wagering conditions. When you come to a casino to play for fun, the wagering routine kills the mood in a few hours because you’re stuck with the same games and the same bet caps.
- Withdrawal limits. Another damper is tough limits on cash-outs. If you were lucky to win big, there’s a chance you won’t be able to withdraw your winnings in one go.
- Quick expiration. Sure, all bonuses expire sooner or later. But there’s nothing more frustrating than failing to wager 50 dollars before the time ran out.
Casino welcome bonuses serve as an incentive for new players, with various types of bonuses offered, including deposit bonuses, free spins and free play. Based on our own experience, I want to highlight a few interesting points, some casinos offer special bonuses for mobile users. One common condition is a wagering requirement that players must wager the bonus multiple times before they can withdraw. Overall, these bonuses add an exciting element to the gaming experience while encouraging responsible play.