The following casinos offer the best experience for Aussie players and proved their reliability.
Online roulette is so popular that it's available at any online casino. So it's not realistic to find an online casino that doesn't have different kinds of online roulettes. We have received much good feedback on the work of the following best casinos and advise you to try them.
up to AU$ 1,500
+500 Free Spins
- Play over 3,000 games by 45+ providers
- Accepts crypto in addition to AUD
- Supports many payment methods
- Mobile friendly games
100% up to AU$ 2,000
+200 Free Spins
- Close to 7,000 different online casino games of chance
- Rewarding tournaments with lavish prize pools
- Various betting options such as pre-match, live, and virtual Betting
- 24/7 Customer support service through Live Chat and email
100% up to AU$ 2,100
+200 Free Spins
- Diversity of games
- Safe and secure platform
- Support is available 24/7
- Live Casino with table games with a live croupier
Best Australian Online Casino Roulette November 2022
The Australian gambling market is full of casinos offering Roulette. Check out the list of the top gambling platforms that feature different variations of the game. All websites are safe and legal in Australia.
What is Roulette?
It’s a table game that features a layout with 36 or 37 numbered spots and areas for additional bet types. The game is based on a little ball (marble) dropped inside a spinning wheel. The number it lands on, as well as the number’s color, determines the outcome of the round.
In addition to the basic types of Roulette, there are other, lesser-known varieties endowed with a host of bonuses and benefits. These include:
- Additional bet areas that increase the bet up to x500 like in Mystery Roulette by Novomatic
- Thematic Roulette with a cell for the bonus game, for example, Marvel Roulette by Playtech
Playing Online Roulette In Australia
Roulette comes from the French word meaning “little wheel.” It is a thrilling and straightforward game of chance that seasoned players and newbies alike can enjoy.
The next time you win big on this little wheel, you can thank its inventor, Blaise Pascal. While trying to invent the perpetual motion machine, he stumbled across a casino game like no other.
Online Roulette Variations
There are lots of different variants of this game, and some have better odds than others.
- European and French Roulette have the best odds with a house edge of 2.7% and is most popular with Aussie players (check out European Roulette by Platipus Gaming). The French variant includes extra betting options on 0 called La Partage and En Prison.
- The American variant has an extra double zero that gives the house a higher edge of 5.26%. If you’re new to the game, it’s not your safest bet since the odds of winning are less.
- Live Roulette lets you enjoy the game with a live dealer from the comfort of your home. It follows standard rules and is live-streamed from a land-based casino.
- Multi-Ball has three balls instead of the usual one and transforms the odds and your betting options.
- Multi Wheel is played with multiple wheels allows you to play several games at once so you can win faster.
How to Choose an Online Roulette?
Choosing a reliable casino for Roulette is extremely important. You need to make sure that you choose a site with top-notch games, generous bonuses, and fast payouts. All of these things make a big difference in the Roulette experience. Here are the most important factors when choosing a place to play Roulette online.
Licensed and Regulated
Choosing licensed online Roulette guarantees the safety of your bankroll and 24/7 support. If you encounter a shady site, no one will be able to help you get your winnings back. The website you are gambling on must be licensed by the government of Malta or Curacao. The games in the casino must be tested by third-party regulators like eCOGRA.
Bonus and Promotions
Bonuses and promotions are the most successful way to attract new players and retain old ones. Of course, you've seen various advertisements for online casino bonuses on banners and mailing lists. Understanding these bonuses and promotions is important before you start accepting their terms.
|Bonus Type||Features and description|
|Registration Bonus||The user receives rewards after creating an account and activating it. The welcome bonus may be different, depending on the promotional offers of the casino.|
|Free spins||These let you play slots for free but with a chance to win some real cash.|
|Deposit Bonus||This one can be issued for the first deposit, second, and subsequent deposits, as decided by the casino. You may get from 50% to 100%+ of the deposit the amount plus some free spins. Deposit bonuses are usually more generous than no deposit ones.|
|No deposit bonuses||With these, you don’t have to replenish the account to receive a bonus, but everything has its price. In this case — strict wagering requirements.|
|Cashback||It is a portion of your losses that you can get as bonus cash once a week or a month. The amount may be small, for example, 15%. But at the same time, it may come with zero wagering requirements.|
|Loyalty Program||Basically, it’s a casino customer hierarchy: the higher your status, the more bonuses you are offered to play more actively.|
In addition, there are situations where the amount you can win or withdraw is limited. So take some time to get acquainted with the terms and conditions before playing.
The number of different Roulette games can be important to you. You may only prefer one type of Roulette, and if the site you visit has it, you will be satisfied. If, on the other hand, you are one of the players who like variety, the choice of games will be another thing you need to pay attention to.
Most of the Roulette titles come from a small bunch of software providers. Get acquainted with this description of the famous developers:
Deposits and withdrawals are an important aspect of the game for any gambler, so let's look at it. For reliable casinos that do not delay payments, everything is simple enough:
- The casino should have a few e-payment systems and support for bank cards. All available methods and limits on deposits and withdrawals must be described in the terms and conditions.
- Transaction speed and limits. Sometimes the actual speed of withdrawal differs from the one stated on the website. In reality, it can be very slow. But in general, in many casinos, withdrawals take up to 72 hours. Make sure your casino processes transactions within that period.
How to Start Playing Online Roulette
If you’re looking to learn how to play Roulette online or at a land-based casino, look no further. We’ll guide you through how to play and ways to win at Pascal’s fantastic invention.
Online Roulette rules are straightforward to learn. The wheel has different pockets of red and black that are assigned numbers. There are also 1 or 2 green pockets with a 0 or 00, depending on the type you play. You can place bets on where you think the ball will land, like on which numbers, number ranges, odd/even numbers, or red/black numbers.
After you place a bet, the dealer (or random number generator if you’re playing online) will spin the wheel. If you predicted where the ball would land correctly, you win. Different kinds of bets have better odds. Betting on color has an almost 50/50 chance, whereas betting on a single number has very low odds.
Types of Bet
In Roulette we have 36 numbers, which are divided into black and red, even and odd, plus zero (or double zero). But these aren’t the only betting options. Overall, a Roulette table features two main categories of bets.
Outside bets are a convenient way to quickly increase table coverage and odds. Overall, the risk is lower with outside bets. Here are your options:
- 1-18 (Low) and 19-36 (High). These are bet types you place on different halves of the numbers.
- Black or Red. The bet you place according to the color of the number.
- Even or Odd. The bet you place on the number type.
- Dozen. It’s a bet that covers one of three number sections.
- Column. A bet made on a vertical column, covering 12 numbers.
- Snake. The strangest bet type that covers 12 numbers: 1, 5, 9, 12, 14, 16, 19, 23, 27, 30, 32, and 34.
Inside bets have a much lower chance of winning, but the payout if you win is higher. Inside bets are those made on the inside sector of the playing field. Here are the main types:
- Straight. A simple bet on a particular number.
- Split. A bet covering 2 numbers.
- Street. A bet covering one line and three numbers.
- Corner or Square Placed. A bet you place on a corner to cover 4 numbers.
- Six Line or Double Street. The same as the previous one but covers 6 numbers on two lines.
- Trio. A bet covering 3 numbers with 0 being one of them.
- First Four. A bet that combines 0, 1, 2, and 3.
- Basket. A bet similar to the previous one but adding Double Zero (only for American Roulette).
Ways to Win Online Roulette
There is no fail-safe way to win roulette. In a game of chance and mathematical probability, the odds cannot be in your favour every single time. The thrill of uncertainty is part of its charm.
There are ways to maximize your chances of walking away from the (virtual) table smiling, though. All you need is a solid roulette strategy.
Start by learning the rules before you start playing. It’s a super simple game, but you still need to know what you’re in for before putting your money down. Different variants have different odds, and some online casinos may offer better returns than others. Look at this first before you play. Some no deposit bonus (usually, a casino offers free spins) also go a long way to introducing you to the game, risk-free.
Betting conservatively often pays off in the long run. Betting on a full colour rather than a single number, for example, has far better odds, even if the payout is smaller. Lots of outside bets are likely to make you more money than winning a few risky inside bets.
Strategies of Online Roulette
Despite that you can’t affect the house edge in roulette, there are still a few ways to tip the scales in your favor. Check out these main strategies that will help you boost your bankroll.
Flat-betting does not require the player to follow progression rules, which is an advantage over other methods. During a certain number of rounds, the same amount of money is bet on the selected field. Perfect for beginners. Sticking to this strategy, it’s better to make only outside bets.
The Martingale Strategy
This method is used not only for Roulette but also for sports betting and other casino games. This Roulette strategy involves increasing the bet amount after each failed bet to cover losses. It should be used by players with a large bankroll.
The Reverse Martingale Strategy
If the Martingale strategy supposes doubling after each loss, the Reverse Martingale strategy is the opposite: you double after each win.
The D'Alembert Strategy
The basic idea behind this strategy is to change bets one after the other depending on the result of the previous round.
- if you win, you need to decrease your bet
- if you lose, you need to increase
However, unlike the Martingale strategy where you need to double the bet, here, you only increase it by one unit. For instance, if one unit equals A$1, you increase from A$2 to A$3, not A$4. Depending on the game, the size of the increase/decrease bet may vary. It is believed that this approach allows to minimize losses and provide quite regular winnings. In practice, be prepared for periodic failures.
The Fibonacci Strategy
This strategy is based on a sequence of Fibonacci numbers where the following number equals two previous numbers (0, 1, 1, 2, etc.). According to this strategy, if a player loses, they increase the amount of the next bet by the corresponding Fibonacci number.
The James Bond Strategy
This strategy requires making several bets at once. For instance, you have A$200. Bets are placed as follows: A$140 on high numbers (19 to 36). Another $50 bet on numbers 13 to 18, the remaining $10 bet on Zero - just for insurance.
Negative Betting Progressions
This is the inverse of a positive progression. You decrease the bet amount when you win, and increase it when you lose. To use a negative progression strategy, you need patience and a good bankroll. The player needs big bets to cover his losses.
Positive Betting Progressions
Following a positive progression strategy, you increase your bet after each win. In the end, the result is mostly the same as when choosing the negative progression.
Paroli Betting System
The Paroli Betting System is a strategy designed to take advantage of winning streaks. You start by choosing a predetermined number of wins in a progression. For example, if you choose to use three wins as a progression. You increase your bet after each win until you reach the top of the progression. Then, you start over with your initial bet. If you lose during the streak, you also need to start the next round with your initial bet.
No online Roulette strategy can guarantee a player profit with 100% probability, but using any of them will certainly make the game more interesting.
The main thing is to play wisely: do not try to win back, use the Roulette demo mode to test your strength and determine your bankroll in advance. And the main thing is to enjoy every game.
Online Roulette Glossary
It’s a good idea to familiarize yourself with the main terminology in Roulette to keep up with the game.
|Backtrack||The Backtrack is the outer rim of the wheel. That’s where the ball spins.|
|Bet on the Layout||This is a bet that is placed anywhere on the part of the Roulette table.|
|Carr||French Roulette term used to refer to a bet.|
|En Plein||This is the French term for straight-up betting.|
|En Prison||It’s a rule applied to even-money bets. If the ball lands on Zero, you may be allowed to either take half your bet back. If you leave it where it is, and the next spin is Zero again, the bet loses.|
Is Roulette Legal Online?
You can rest assured that all the sites we feature are legally allowed to cater to Aussies. Although the restrictive laws for interactive gambling introduced in Australia in 2001 have affected how you can play, there are still many online games available. Roulette is no exception. What to know about gambling online in Australia:
- These laws aim to protect players and only impose penalties on companies
- There are still tons of options for players looking for demo and real money games
- Read more about these laws on the Australian government’s website.
Roulette is a thrilling game of luck, like everyone's favourite slot games, and probability for newbies and experienced players alike. Why not try your hand at spinning the wheel now? With one of the best returns in online gambling and many free games to try, there’s no reason not to get playing. Quick roulette game in any fast payout casino could become your favourite game