The Best Online Casinos
up to AU$ 2,000
+200 Free Spins
- Good selection of games provided by the best software developers
- Live Chat Support 24/7
- Good user interface with quality graphics
- Cryptocurrency friendly
up to AU$ 1,200
+300 Free Spins
- The first city-builder casino brand
- The best gamification in the industry that hasn't been seen before in other brands
- Cryptocurrency friendly casino
- Great welcome offers with excellent VIP program
550% up to AU$ 7,500
+550 Free Spins
- Welcome bonuses for ten first deposits!
- 3000+ Games including Live Games
- Bitcoin friendly casino
- Wide range of banking methods
- Amex was founded in 1850 after a merger of three companies owned by John Butterfield, Henry Wells, and William Fargo.
- In 2017, it was named the 22nd most valuable brand across the globe.
- It started as a travel charge card company.
- Since its inception, Amex has collaborated with the U.S. Chamber of commerce foundation and others.
- Some card types this provider offers include platinum, low-rate, and essential credit cards.
- Amex casinos offer various loyalty rewards to existing players, such as VIP programs, reload bonuses, cashback rebates, friend referrals, and happy hour deals.
- The platform also provides debit, gift, and prepaid cards for users.
- In 2022, Amex won an award from Fortune and became the 13th most admired company in the world.
- Amex was the first-ever issuer to bring plastic cards into the market.
- American Express formed ExpressNet in 1995 and allowed its users to handle their accounts and bills online.
- Various poker sites accept Amex, with some offering 5% cashback on transactions, enabling players to earn additional Amex incentives.
|🏠 Company Name:||American Express|
|🗺️ Headquarters:||New York, United States|
|🤵 CEO:||Stephen J.Squeri|
American Express Casino List, as of September 2023
Not all casinos in Australia accept American Express as a payment method. We did some research and found some of the best Amex casinos to play in.
up to AU$ 1,500
+500 Free Spins
up to AU$ 1,200
+300 Free Spins
225% up to AU$ 2,000
+175 Free Spins
Quick Deposit via American Express
Make a deposit at an online casino using American Express in just a few steps. Reliability and speed is what makes this method popular with players.
- Register at an online casino by choosing a trusted and licensed establishment.
- Go to the Cashier or Deposit section and select American Express as your payment method.
- Enter your card details including card number, expiry date and CVV code.
- Enter the deposit amount, following the casino's restrictions.
- Confirm the payment and the funds will be transferred to your gaming account.
Withdraw Winnings via American Express
Withdrawing funds from your online casino gaming account via American Express is a simple and reliable process. Follow our guide and your winnings will be on your card in no time.
- Go to the Cashier or Withdrawal section of your online casino.
- Select American Express as your withdrawal method.
- Enter the amount you want to withdraw, taking into account the casino's minimum and maximum limits.
- Confirm the transaction and the funds will be transferred to your card within a few business days.
Fees and Limits
Amex has a fee structure for most of its cards. Some may be due annually, while others come with a transaction fee. If you have a platinum Amex card, the annual fee is around AU$550.
On the other hand, transactions come with a 5% fee, while foreign transactions may also have a 2.7% fee. Some users pay around 2.99% in transaction fees for foreign payments.
The minimum deposit depends on the casino; however, most wagers range from AU$25 to AU$30. Some casinos allow up to AU$5,000 for Amex cards for maximum withdrawals.
The deposit time is mostly instant with Amex cards. However, withdrawals can take longer. Some reflect in your bank account within 24 hours, while others can take up to five days.
|Minimal Deposit||AU$25 — AU$30||Instant||0% — 5%|
|Maximal Withdrawal||AU$5,000||1 — 5 days||0% — 5%|
Amex Casino Bonuses
Players who prefer Amex cards as deposit methods also benefit from bonuses and promotional offers available at the casino. We found some Amex online casinos with bonuses for gamblers, including welcome and deposit bonuses. They include:
up to AU$ 300 + 50 FSBonus code: FIRST
10% up to AU$ 750no code required
up to AU$ 500 + 500FSno code required
8% up to AU$ 1,500no code required
100% up to AU$ 500no code required
100% up to AU$ 150no code required
Like other financial institutions, Amex protects user accounts with various security measures.
- One important feature they provide is data encryption to ensure that hackers do not steal user data and sensitive information. The platform uses 128-bit encryption technology on its network.
- Amex also uses time-outs to log inactive users. Users must log in to access their pages to avoid the leakage of their personal information.
- Also, it uses personal security keys, unique passwords, and user IDs to protect users.
- Lastly, users must verify all transactions before they are processed. It is a form of two-factor authentication that prevents unauthorized access to user accounts.
Top Online Casinos Accepting Amex
|1||Playzilla||3,000+||up to AU$ 1,500 + 500 Free Spins||AU$ 10||Not supported|
|2||Slots Palace||1,000+||225% up to $ 1,500 + 50 Free Spins||AU$ 15||Not supported|
|3||Rolling Slots||2,300+||200% up to € 500 + 100 Free Spins||AU$ 20||Not supported|
|4||ExciteWin||2,500+||100% up to AU$ 750 + 200 Free Spins||AU$ 15||Not supported|
|5||Casitsu||3,500+||up to $ 1,000 + 50 Free Spins||AU$ 10||Not supported|
Pros and Cons
American Express has both pros and cons, so consider both to make an informed decision.
- Amex offers loyalty rewards to existing players
- American Express deposits are instant on online casinos
- Offers a variety of cards including standard credit cards, prepaid cards, and charge cards which can be used for depositing and withdrawing in online casinos
- Online casinos that accept American Express are not widespread in Australia and New Zealand
- The card has fees for transactions and maintenance
Amex offers a mobile app for its users. You can use the app to track all transactions on the Amex card and manage transactions. Also, the app gives users access to rewards and benefits.
Both Android and iOS users can download this app from their respective App Stores. Amex supports this feature for those who want to link their Google Pay and Apple Pay.
iOS phones running on 12.5, iPhone 6, and later, can download this app. Also, Android users running on 7.0 or later can download this app.
Amex offers 24/7 support for its users with real customer support representatives. It runs a call centre to answer questions, and each country has support numbers to call. The cards also come with support numbers to call at the back.
Besides the call centre support, you can also contact the support team via live chat. However, you must have an Amex account to use this service. After logging in, the live chat option will pop up. Amex's social media pages also respond to queries.
- Phone: 0800 656 660
- Opening Hours: 24/7
- Live Chat: 24/7
- E-mail: No
- American Express offers a membership rewards program for users.
- Users can redeem points when they use their Amex cards at online casinos.
- The rewards can be used to redeem cash and other prizes.
- Also, users with annual membership fees get more benefits, such as dining credit and car rental perks.
- It gives users access to a higher deposit limit compared to other options.
- Users can deposit funds in online casinos with an Amex gift card.
- Amex can block user accounts if it suspects fraud. The same also applies to illegal online gambling.
- Also, Amex can restrict online casino deposits if the user has hit their credit limit.
- Amex may be unable to reverse deposits into your casino accounts because they are instant.
Alternatives to Amex
|Payment System||Mobile Payments||Fees||Min-Max Deposit||Min-Max Withdrawal||Withdraw Time|
|PayID||No||Free||AU$ 10 – 50,000||AU$ 10 – 50,000||Instant|
|Skrill||Yes||Free||AU$ 10 - 10,000||AU$ 10 - 10,000||up to 5 days|
|EcoPayz||No||Free||AU$ 10 - 10,000||AU$ 10 - 25,000||up to 5 days|
|Neosurf||No||Free||AU$ 10 - 100||Not supported||Not supported|
|MiFinity||No||Free||AU$ 10 - 10,000||AU$ 10 - 10,000||up to 5 days|
|eZeeWallet||Yes||Free||AU$ 10 - 2,500||AU$ 10 - 2,500||up to 5 days|
|Paysafecard||No||Free||€ 10 - 1,000||€ 10 - 1,000||Instant|
|Sticpay||No||Free||AU$ 10 - 10,000||AU$ 10 - 10,000||up to 3 days|
|Astropay||No||Free||AU$ 10 - 10,000||AU$ 20 - 500||up to 7 days|
|Neteller||Yes||Free||AU$ 10 - 10,000||AU$ 10 - 50,000||up to 3 days|
|PayPal||Yes||Free||AU$ 10 - 60,000||AU$ 10 - 60,000||up to 3 days|
|CashToCode||No||Free||AU$ 10 - 400||AU$ 10 - 500||Instant|
Based on our team of experts research, Amex is a payment service that you can use to deposit and withdraw funds in Australian online gaming platforms. We tested the cards by making a deposit in a casino and some online payments and noticed that this banking method charged up to 5% for some transactions.
However, our team also found that deposits in casinos with Amex are instant. However, withdrawing can take longer, and some casinos do not support this method of withdrawal.
Customer support is available mostly by live chat and phone calls. There are no emails to reach the support team.